Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Site Merchandiser is responsible for driving the business through management of the website. He/she will collaborate closely with other leaders in Marketing, Merchandising and Inventory Management execute to maximize online sales and deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
What you'll do
- Continually analyze, execute & provide improvements tothe customer experience
- Manage pre-season strategic & executional deliverablesto prepare site for upcoming product launches.
- Manage in-season strategic & executional deliverables todrive daily sales.
- Drive continual improvement of our site analytics to assessKPIs to inform pre-season & in-season site strategies.
- Partner with production to understand technical site &tool functionality to drive efficiencies with existing tools and explore &drive new technical solutions
- Work closely with site merchandisersin other markets to ensure global continuity of site messaging whereappropriate.
Who you are
- 2-3 years of experience in ecommerce merchandising or web analytics.
Possess customer-centric mindset.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
Be open-minded to and receptive of others' opinions.
- Possess the ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
Possess basic knowledge of production processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs