About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Seasonal 20 hour per week schedule with opportunity to move to regular Part Time. Works with peers to prepare and move merchandise according to established safety, production, and accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the DC. Performance will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
What you'll do
- Applies basic skills and procedural knowledge within assigned work area.
- Loads and unloads cartons.
- Performs data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT)
- Performs ticketing, stocking, picking, packing, counting, and safety functions, such as:
- Order Filler – Locates merchandise based on system and accurately completes order and sends to shipping.
- Collaborates with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
- Understands team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seeks clarification.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Communicates daily with team members and management about operational procedures.
- Supports campus safety program
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Make accurate and efficient inventory counts and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to understand and communicate oral and written instruction
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management
- Understand and be able to learn industry specific technology
- Must be able to read and write English
Minimum educational level:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 10 hours at a time.
- Stand for long periods of time and walk continuously
- Associates may be required to lift up to 50lbs. Specific weight requirements may vary within each department
- Base schedule of 5 hours per shift.
- A forty-hour workweek is not guaranteed, due to fluctuation in workflow
- Drug and Alcohol free work environment
- Wear protective equipment and shoes with rubber soles and closed toes, as required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs