About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Site Merchandiser is the “Store Manager” of the site at a Category or Division level. Particular focus will be on Product Detail Pages and site analysis (category performance, web analytics reporting, customer reviews) and the development of compelling product sorts that support the seasonal Marketing & Promotional strategies. The Site Merchandiser, is the owner of the site experience from a product sort and navigation perspective, including site merchandise hierarchy, copy and fit communication, promotional execution (relating to the product experience), and the development and execution of the marketing story-telling from site framework meeting to the site experience. This role will manage at the Division or category level and partner closely with the Global Merchandising, Yield, Marketing and Creative teams.
What you'll do
- Continually analyze, execute, and provide improvements to the customer experience as it relates to navigation and product page content.
- In partnership with Sr. Site Merchant, develop seasonal site strategy based on brand direction, incoming product assortment, internal learnings, and competitive research.
- Act as an active participant in the alignment of site navigation, product photography, marketing, and copy strategies.
- Speak on behalf of customer needs and site functionality during marketing story development and execution.
- Keep cross-functional partners informed on category and navigation performance, using site analytics and customer feedback to advise development of the website and its content.
- Ensure that site experience is connected to marketing, promotional & buying actions in-season.
- Review the site daily with customer-first mindset.
- Attend weekly divisional site meetings to ensure clarity on the execution of online promotions as well as site and e-mail marketing.
- Encourage an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a “best in class” site experience.
Who you are
- Possess customer-centric mindset
- Awareness of competitive landscape
- Strong process orientation and ability to understand system dependencies is a must
- Adaptable to diverse audiences, environments, and situations
- Ability to effectively manage and resolve conflict
- Flexible and nimble to changing priorities
- Effectively lead and develop a results-oriented team
- Accurately assess employee strengths and developmental needs
- Proven track record in managing a business to achieve financial targets
- Ability to build and maintain productive cross-functional relationships to drive results in a collaborative way
- BA or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years of merchandising, retail buying or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience managing a team
- Experience in e-commerce required
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs