About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is responsible for leading a team of 4 to 6 employees. Responsibilities include (but not limited to) reviewing and approving monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, providing payroll reporting to business partners and payroll and banking controls. The successful candidate will have skill in motivating others, priority setting, developing direct reports and others and managing and measuring work. There will be regular interaction with many different business partners (including but not limited to) Brand Finance partners, upper leadership management, internal business partners, Benefits, HR, Corporate Tax, and external auditors; as such, strong communication skills are critical.
What you'll do
- Manage and develop goals for a staff of 4 to 6 employees.
- Manage, reviews, and approves reconciliation of payroll accounts.
- Manage internal/external audits with Deloitte and SOX team.
- Manage journal entries to balance sheet and P&L for month-end close.
- Manage research and analysis of variances between forecast vs. actuals with Brand Finance.
- Manage team to ensure no material weaknesses with SOX key controls and internal business controls.
- Support compilation and completion of certification within account reconciliations.
- Adhere to Gap Inc. and department policies and procedures including maintaining confidentiality/data privacy and securing personally identifiable information (PII).
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
3+ years of accounting experience (payroll accounting preferred)
2 to 4 years of supervisory experience
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, concatenation, v-lookup, pivot tables)
Strong and demonstrated technical accounting knowledge
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated team-building skills, initiative and ability to drive results and achieve goals; high level of emotional intelligence
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs