About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Designer Boys Accessories & Sleep is part of the broader Old Navy Kidswear Design Team.
What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the design process from concept to completion while partnering with the Director to ensure alignment on priorities and direction.
- Consistently shop and research marketplace, including our competitors for inspirations and opportunities in product, fabric, wash, color and trims.
- Research, identify and present trend direction.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Plan the line according to sales needs and emerging trends in fit and wash while maintaining appeal to our customer
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends and business strategy.
- Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters.
- Create and present design boards for each season showcasing silhouette, fabric, color and wash range.
- Works closely with production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
Who you are
- 5 - 7 years design experience
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field
- Strong knowledge of denim finishing techniques, fit, fabric, construction details and color.
- Proficient sketching in Illustrator and capable in Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability manage and help develop skills of direct reports.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to multi task and prioritize
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style, color, and fit.
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/ consumer.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish good relationships with business partners and department staff
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs