About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Athleta Product Integrity Manager is primarily responsible for the advancement of and adherence to the brand testing compliance program and creating a robust set of test protocols to support the product lifecycle. The role supports Athleta product quality by engaging the product creation teams to ensure product is fit for purpose as a results of the seasonal development process and works with the clear objective of improving overall raw material and product quality as measured through 3rd party test reports and quality metrics. This role will engage brand technical teams to evaluate the suitability of material selection and garment construction and provide direction on the appropriate utilization of fabric and trims. This role will evaluate production failures and provide a critical assessment of the failure and suggested alternatives to address.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
• Partner with global stakeholders to lead a revamp of Athleta’s testing protocols for fabric and trims to support garment, fit, and end use expecations
• Monitor development testing, communicate and advise on product risk assessments and corrective action plans to ensure product suitability for manufacture
• Identify new product testing needs and protocol updates based on Athleta product innovation and emerging product lines
• Provide critical assessments and action plans to address production testing failures
• Participate in seasonal development line review meeting to identify any potential quality, product safety and regulatory concerns before product adoption
• Support benchmarking activities to profile competitive products and conduct quality related market strategy research
• Provide regular training to product creation teams and vendors on testing requirements, changes and updates
• Work with global stakeholders to evaluate root cause analysis and corrective action plans to address in-market quality & product safety issues
• Work with US Product Safety & Regulatory (PSR) team to ensure testing protocols and RSL requirements are up to date and meet all global regulatory and markets’ needs.
Who you are
Who You Are (Qualifications):
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in product development and/or product testing and quality management
• Strong knowledge of raw material and product testing, performance product preferred
• Strong analyticalesearch skills and knowledge of applicable software tools for data analysis
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong risk management and trouble shooting skills with a proactive mindset
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.