About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, GapTech, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team is on the path towards a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Director, Tech Strategy is a critical role responsible for definition, alignment and execution of technology strategy, roadmap management and program governance across GapTech. This position will lead and manage the formulation and integration of product, architecture and portfolio roadmaps based on technical standards and business priorities. This includes accountability for financial visibility to the leader team, management and reporting of progress towards technology strategy goals, and the identification and implementation of change management processes across the organization to drive adoption and execution. This role will work cross functionally across GapTech and will engage with all levels to build out roadmaps, tech standards and processes that will ensure successful outcomes.
What you'll do
- Facilitate prioritization, planning and execution of the technical strategy roadmap with product management, architecture, technical program managers and technology operations
- Drive employee commitment across all levels of the organization with a focus on achieving measurable business goals through enabling technology
- Leverage data in decision making and course correct as necessary
- Introduce new tools, processes, and technology that will enable the technology strategy execution and governance
- Maintain status of technology strategy initiatives and track attainment of goals through regular Executive reporting
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning; Surface issues and risks; Escalate for resolution
- Demonstrate value and communicate successes regularly
- Manage internal and external interdependencies, resolving blockers and dependencies
Who you are
- 8+ years of professional experience across consulting, technology strategy, software engineering, or program management
- Experience in defining technology strategy roadmaps with working knowledge of enterprise architecture
- Experience in setting up and managing technology standards and governance processes
- Basic understanding of modern technology architecture and leading practices
- Basic understanding of cloud service models and modern cloud technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps
- Creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- High degree of financial acumen
- Demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies
- A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of delivery and client satisfaction
- Proven ability to provide executive level communication and risk assessments
- Strong executive presence and experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business leadership on technology related issues, excellent executive-level verbal and written communication
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs