About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Loss Prevention Organized Retail Crime Specialist is responsible for applying expertise to assist the ORC Supervisor or Manager in executing a strategy to combat organized retail crime and external theft across all Gap Inc. brands within an assigned market up to 100 stores. The ORC Specialist takes a proactive approach to resolving external losses within all assigned stores through training and awareness. They are responsible for assisting with external investigations, awareness training, and other specific projects within the assigned market, and working closely with all levels of management and associates to identify potential sources of external theft. The ORC Specialist will create and maintain partnerships with all business partners, internal and external, including but not limited to local-State-Federal Law Enforcement, district attorneys, and peer retailers. Responsible for leading high level field investigations and mall operations involving both internal and external business partners. Through partnerships with internal LP business partners, the ORC Specialist will assist in ensuring that all aspects of Loss Prevention are in compliance with company and legal standards.
What you'll do
- Proactively investigate and apprehend habitual offenders who pose a safety risk to Gap Inc’s employees.
- Responsible for working with store management and field LP to identify ORC and external theft opportunities, recommend resolutions, and create action plans to eliminate those opportunities within a market using reporting tools. I.E. LPRM reports, ORC & Safety reporting, BOLOs from market ORC associations.
- Initiate and conduct investigations for individuals associated with ORC groups and activities.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify potential causes of ORC activity in specific stores.
- Assist FORC Manager and ORC Supervisor in maintenance of a consistent habitual offender case-load.
- Utilize market resources (LP and store mgmt.) to build ORC cases.
- Present case files to law enforcement, district attorneys with the assistance of FORC Manager and ORC Supervisor.
Who you are
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Loss Prevention external investigation experience required.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- 3 years of retail Loss Prevention or investigative experience preferred.
- Ability to maneuver in diverse remote environments. I.E. malls, flea markets, court houses, static surveillances
- Must be able to travel to remote markets to assist in ORC related activities
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs