About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Position requires all around kitchen skills with emphasis on quality and professionalism. Must meet daily production timelines in preparing food and setting up station. Must be able to follow daily menu, recipes and directives from Chef and Sous Chef. Perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workstation. Demonstrates excellent customer service always. Excellent verbal communication skills required, professional appearance, able to follow proper food handling procedure and sanitation.
What you'll do
- Assist the team with food production, ensuring consistent quality on all prepared food by prepping for recipes as provided
- Meet production deadlines and sets up misen place for station
- Tastes all food prepared for station to ensure flavor, freshness and quality
- Ability to provide courteous and efficient service daily
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Consistently maintain a clean and organized prep and station area, follow proper rotation and storage of goods
- Follows safety and sanitation procedures for compliance with all guidelines from OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management
Who you are
2 years experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook preferred
Excellent communication skills, strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures, accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
Culinary training preferred
Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand minimum of 8 hours a day
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs