Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Manager forMedia Strategy & Partnerships will assist in the development of annual andseasonal media strategies for the U.S. and Canadian markets. This role will workin concert with other marketing and cross-functional partners to deliver acomprehensive media plan that meets business objectives.
The Senior Managerwill assist in developing media plans that will reinvigorate the brand and helpre-position the brand amongst Gap’s consumers and attract a new audience. TheSenior Manager will also be a point of contact for internal partners, as wellas outside agencies regarding media and creative. The Senior Manager willpartner closely with the Social counterpart for consistency.
What you'll do
- Work with Director to develop and oversee a media plan thattranslates the brand’s marketing and objectives into a well thought-out,strategic, full funnel, cross-platform strategy.
- Establish media objectives, strategies and tactics forcross-channel media campaigns.
- Work with the Marketing teams to develop unique, innovativemedia plans that are consistent with approved strategies, KPIs and budgets.
- Summarize and present view of media performance across arange of interconnected media//digital initiatives.
- Work in partnership with Social Media lead and executeagainst cross-media platforms.
- Coordination and maintenance of Media budget to Financeteam.
- Maintain flow charts, budget, measurement trackers andpurchase orders.
- Build seasonal briefs for agency partners and maintainseasonal integrated marketing plan summaries for leadership share outs.
Who you are
- Must be a self-starter with a proven track record in afast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Must possess a strong cultural knowledge and have a fingeron the pulse of up and coming industry and consumer trends.
- Must have experience with all media and a strong knowledgeregarding digital marketing platforms.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of Marketing/Agency orin-house Media planning or Media Sales/Marketing experience.
- Must have a deep understanding of industry marketing,media, technologies; strong ability to apply analytics to assess real businessvalue and logically develop an approach to global brand marketing.
- Must have an understanding of media consumption,efficiency, efficacy and ROI metrics.
- Ability to combine media metrics and business data toanalyze the relative efficiency of various digital channels.
- Experience in or familiarity with the creative designprocess, technology development methodologies, building of websites and informationdelivery systems is a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project managementskills.
- Bachelors degree is required.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs