Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Seekinga motivated Associate Designer for Toddler/Baby Denim with an understanding ofand enthusiasm for the Gap Outlet target customer, product and aesthetic. You are able to translate trends intocommercially successful children’s product. You have a passion for denim, and you enjoybeing part of a creative team.
What you'll do
- Participates inseasonal research for emerging trends and competitor analysis
- Assists inensuring that product is consistent with market trends, as well as, businessstrategy
- Will work withand sometimes direct “design ecosystem,” inclusive of in-house designers andvendor partnerships, to create product that is brand right, aspirational, andcommercially viable
- Responsible forsketch callouts and communicating desired fit and aesthetic to tech design
- Involvement infittings and responsible for maintaining sketch updates in PLM andspecifications (i.e. trims, wash, etc.)
- Create tech packsin PLM following Product to Market Calendar to ensure that samples are producedand delivered on a timely basis
- Participate inline edits to land final assortment
- Assists in fabricand trim development
- Meetsindependently with vendors
Who you are
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs