About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Assistant Manager, Product Development will actively participate as a member of a Global Product Development Team, which is responsible for the financial and responsive execution of the strategy & direction for a single or multiple departments.
What you'll do
- Assist in communication of lead times and early books to cross functional teams
- Helps coordinate early booking meetings and execution of early bookings
- Assist with communication and execution of 2nd and final bookings
- Track and report all open issues
- Assists with frolling process, helping to identify on any costing concerns
- Attends BOM details meetings while supporting the execution of final BOMs in PLM
- Attends critical fitting to offer guidance with respect to costing and lead times
- Ensures that supporting systems (ACT, PLM, TS, Prompt) are complete and accurate by the agreed deadlines
- Help to research any issues with PO seeding
- Coordination of Ad sample ordering and partners with Merch/PR to ensure timely delivery
- Help to investigate all late deliveries and identify potential solutions
- Documents delivery changes in the change log and communicates to cross-functional teams as necessary
- Documents and executes all RSC related activities (pre-season and in-season)
Who you are
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 Year General work experience
- Understand the principles of apparel manufacturing, apparel costing, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, and fabric and garment construction
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
- Demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills
- Must be able to use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
- Ability to react to change and solicits feedback/self-development
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs