About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for an Email/Chat Supervisor to hire, train, motivate, and develop Customer Service Email & Chat Specialists. In this role, you’ll create and sustain an environment that motivates high performance, recognizes and rewards excellence of individuals and teams, and focuses on creating an exceptional and low-effort customer experience. You’ll be expected to achieve results through exceptional decision quality and problem solving, an extraordinary customer focus, and the development of a team focused on the customer experience.
What You'll Do:
What you'll do
- Provide supervision of a Customer Service Email & Chat team consisting of up to 25 employees
- Manage escalated Email and Chat customer issues; assist and support the Customer Service Supervisor team in managing escalated service agent customer interactions with a sense of urgency
- Maintain team attendance, payroll and corrective action plans in accordance with company policies
- Foster an environment that motivates high performance, develops frontline staff to full potential and recognizesewards excellence
- Monitor and coach employees to meet/exceed performance metrics to improve productivity and overall quality responses; ensure a high quality, low effort customer experience via email and chat
- Implement performance management policies and maintain timely and accurate documentation
- Identify and report criticaleoccurring customer service issues and report them to the Manager
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of customer service experience; 1 year of call center experience; 1 year of supervisor experience preferred
- Drive for results and contribute to business objectives with proactive approach
- Technical proficiency with systems, able to troubleshoot technical issues as well as guide employees who are having technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop employees; preferred experience leading remote employees
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs