About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Customer Relations Supervisor to be responsible for leading and developing a team of Customer Relations Representatives in a contact center environment to provide exceptional service to Gap Inc. customers and field partners, through all channels including phone, e-mail, letter and social media.
Provides supervision along with creating and sustaining an environment that motivates high performance, recognizes and rewards excellence of individuals and teams, and focuses on creating an exceptional and low-effort customer experience.
The supervisor achieves results through exceptional decision quality and problem solving, a high level of customer focus and developing a team focused on the customer and engaged in the department’s success.
What You'll Do:
What you'll do
Provide supervision, guidance and coaching for a team consisting of up to 25 employees.
Guide team to meet and exceed Contact Center goals for key performance indicators including, but not limited to, service level objectives, handle time, quality assurance ratings, and financial performance.
- Act as a customer advocate to provide problem resolution and expedite responses.
- Identify and report criticaleoccurring customer service issues to Leadership.
Flex and personalize coaching methods in order to drive results from agents.
Drive performance and team morale through implementation and execution of team incentives and employee training programs.
Enforce performance management policies, including delivery of corrective action and individual performance plans, and maintain timely/accurate documentation.
Maximize staffing to meet customer demands across channels, including management of add hours, VTO, time off requests, etc.
Manage escalated and at-risk customer issues with a sense of urgency, utilizing quality decision-making skills in order to minimize risk to the business.
- Management of Social Media Customer Service, including monitoring and responding to customer comments and questions across social channels.
Support Customer Relations Manager, Risk Management, Field Leadership & Corporate Communications teams in identification and resolution of potentially sensitive customer situations in order to mitigate risk to the business.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field is preferred
- 3 years of significant customer service experience, including customer de-escalations; contact center experience preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and engage employees
- Proven ability to support a customer friendly atmosphere and increase team morale
- Passion for the customer, demonstrated through commitment to quality and drive for results
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated intellectual strength and emotional intelligence
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- High sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and make effective decisions in a timely manner to mitigate reputational risk and escalating concerns appropriately
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs