About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Consumer Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop customer-focused strategic direction for our company. The Insights team reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and into the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Teams.
As an Analyst, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects that support the Old Navy and Gap Inc brands. You will help to influence the business regularly through primary and secondary research including research via our proprietary customer panel, Net Promoter tracking program, as well as ad hoc research projects. Role exposes you to product, strategy, marketing, and other teams through the company. Though creating these strong partnerships, you will help to deliver on the ongoing transformation to more customer-centric decision making in the business
What you'll do
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Develop surveys, support material development for qualitative research, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations
- Analyze existing primary and secondary research to uncover fact-based insights
- Synthesize disparate information, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations that drive experiments, strategies and tactics
- Analyze and share out insights from our Customer Promoter Program tracking tool
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Proactively listen to partners to find new ways to drive business value
Who you are
- 2-3 years professional experience in Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, Strategy/Strategic Management consulting, and/or Analysis
- Experience conducting a wide range of research methodologies including quantitative research and analyses (survey design, programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative (IDIs, Focus Groups, shop-a-longs, intercepts)
- Proficient in programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics); Panel management experience a plus
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills (ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story)
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs