About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director of Ecom UI and Platform Product Engineering manages all product teams responsible for the Ecom software design, development, and deployment efforts across Gap Inc.’s multi-brand E-Commerce site. As the leader of this Product Engineering group, you will be the driving force behind the delivery of multiple, concurrent business initiatives that leverage and extend our robust technical platform. You possess deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills and have the ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines.
What you'll do
- Accountable for ensuring overall delivery excellence for the E-Commerce User Experience and Platform Product Group at Gap, Inc.
- Manage the product teams that build robust platforms with modern and high performing and cloud technology.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction for engineers following DevOps best practices.
- Work closely with product managers to define strategies for product capabilities, business applications and processes in GapTech.
- Work with E-Commerce platform and API product teams to create world class customer experiences.
- Hire top talent and plan resource needs to support key business initiatives and technical roadmap.
- Evaluate business needs, research and formulate application solutions, and make solution recommendations to Gap Tech leadership.
Who you are
- 10-14 years of experience in management and leading teams.
- Leading multiple product teams that operate in industry-standard DevOps model (build and run).
- Solid commercial software engineering skills with application development at scale – especially with front end technologies and building platforms to support SPA apps leveraging React and understand micro front end architecture.
- Experience with public Cloud, Java/J2EE commerce platform and CI/CD frameworks.
- Comfortable working with senior management, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and software developers. Ability to interact with business executives in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and empower others
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable Retail systems. Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, industry standards and techniques in development and testing.
- Proven record of process analysis and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs