About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
The Responsive Supply Chain Analytics team is focused on supporting a best-in-class Global Supply Chain. The Sr Analyst will help to provide analyses and insights to drive execution of the business processes that enable our brands to read and react to customer demand. The Sr Analyst will report on adoption and effectiveness of these responsive processes, help define the tools and data structures that support report execution and KPI tracking, engineer advanced reporting and business intelligence tools, and perform ad hoc analyses to address complex business questions.
What you'll do
- Maintain excellent service levels for report timeliness and accuracy for advanced supply chain reporting within the teams’ scope.
- Analyze and identify/synthesize key trends that have the potential to impact the organization within established KPIs on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Represent the use cases, interests and mission of the Responsive Supply Chain Analytics during the evaluation of new tools, technologies, and data environments.
- Design, build & continuously improve the teams’ ETL and report automation processes.
- Proactively foster strong brand and business partner relationships to help inform analytical results with correct business context.
- Support strategic initiatives and cross-functional stakeholders by implementing best-in-class quantitative and qualitative analysis and business intelligence tools.
Who you are
- Expert in SQL, Excel (including macros), and Access, one or more data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc), and one or more high level programming languages (Python, R, C++, etc).
- Proficient with creating ETL processes with SAS or similar tools.
- Proficient with Powerpoint.
- Some familiarity with database administration and query optimization techniques.Some familiarity with statistical and machine learning concepts as well as KPIs/metrics used within inventory management.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross functional teams and business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related Analytics field + 2-4 years of experience in finance, operations, retail/consumer products or similar analytical role.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs