About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
You’re a highly motivated,organized writer with a passion for finding new & compelling ways totell stories. You believe that brands should have personalities & those personalitiesshould feel fun, inspirational and approachable. You think strategically aboutevery project, you’re obsessed with pop culture and fashion, and look atcontent from all angles.
This Copywriter role is responsible for drumming up smart, product-proud,on-brand copy insight for a variety of marketing collateral, specificallyfocused on special projects and social. Working independently and in collaboration with other writers,designers, social media strategists, art directors & brand managers, youwill help develop creative and voice-led copy and contribute to the continuedevolution of the Old Navy brand.
Reports to the Editorial Manager. Partners cross-functionally with Program Management, Design,Multimedia, Consumer Contacts, Strategy, and Merchandising.
What you'll do
- Must be accountable, delivering copy on time and with consistently high quality
- Must be efficient, able to manage own workload across multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be witty, easily adopting the unique Old Navy brand voice
- Must be curious, learning consumer insights and the needs of individual vehicles to provide on-strategy copy
- Must play well with others, collaborating with cross-functional partners to execute projects, including marketers, designers and writers
- Must be a multi-hyphenate, delivering brand-appropriate, customer-facing language through a variety of platforms
- Must be executional, putting high-level concepts & ideas into practice
- Must be adaptable, handling multiple unique projects with different goals & deliverables
Who you are
- Minimum educational level: BA preferred
- Current and evolving sense of pop culture and fashion trends
- Mastery of brand-driven social media vehicles, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Ability to create and execute a broad creative copy vision and write in an editorial voice
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Mastery of the English language
- Excellent creative writing skills
- 2-3 years retail, social media, copywriting, or editorial experience
- Knowledge of marketing materials and processes
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs