About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Photo Studio team of Old Navy is looking for a Directorof Digital Technology to join the team at our San Francisco campus. We’relooking for someone who is passionate, curious, and team-oriented to join ourteam as a key contributor to our marketing organization. You will have directresponsibility for the digital photography processes and workflow for allproducts featured on the Old Navy website. You will drive innovation of theimaging aesthetic of these established channels and look to increaseefficiency. Technical and analytic competence will be important tosuccess. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to lead anexpanding digital creative team at one of America’s largest specialty apparelretailers.
What you'll do
- The Directorof Digital Technology will lead the teams that support Digital Retouching and DigitalTech. The successful candidate will have a background in Internet technologywith an ability to identify architectural systems and workflow efficiency.Responsible for leading, defining SLA’s and setting goals for photo and digitalart teams to meet ongoing business objectives. You will possess expertise inthe application of Capture One Pro and Photoshop as well as an ability to thinkin abstract terms to solve production workflow asset productionchallenges.
- Drive theDigital Production Team to deliver innovative digital photo and video assets,providing creative inspiration that pushes boundaries while respecting thecreative judgment.
- Provideinsight on trending online image aesthetic including new opportunities,advising on investment and change strategy alternatives.
- Collaboratewith the photo production, creative, user experience, and technology teams todeliver effective solutions that meet our business goals.
- Manage andmentor the team to grow as creative professionals and to deliver impactfulsolutions for our client’s creative challenges.
- Consistentlyencouraging teams to challenge the bounds of their creativity and knowledge ofefficient digital practices.
- Presentationskills should be exemplary.
- Improveefficiency by initiating strategic enhancements and upgrades with tools,business systems, and workflow.
- Providepractical long and short-range concepts to hurdle technology challenges.Identify opportunities that will drive business performance efficiencies.
- A directorand leader of people, you will coach, mentor and develop the team to continuallyimprove their thinking and results.
- You willinspire your team, but also have tough conversations when necessary.
- You’ll helpteach and coach them in how to work independently and creatively in achievingtheir goals.
- You keep aneye out for constant improvement and seek to know the financial impact andcustomer experience of the imagery produced by your team, using analysis tomeasure the results of feature deployments to quantify the businessbenefit/impact and identify further business opportunities.
Who you are
- BA orequivalent experience required
- 10-15 yearsrelated production experience
- 10-15 yearssupervisory experience
- Extensiveknowledge of production processes
- Experienceworking in an on-line business
- Ability tohelp solve and articulate production related conflicts
- Savvinessfor navigating political situations and structures
- Agility towork on multiple projects and with competing priories
- Quicklearner who can think creatively and strategically
- Solidwritten and verbal communication skills
- Independent,self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Receptive tofeedback while maintaining a positive attitude
- Developfinancial budget, planning and metric reporting to align with divisional goals
- Proficientwith budget analysis
- Track recordof attracting, hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Ability tocommunicate persuasively with business partners at all levels in organization
- Comfortaround senior management
- Track recordof building consensus between various stakeholders yet biased to decisiveaction to drive toward goals.
- Ability tocommunicate production needs and recommendations to a range of users.
- Able tocommunicate effectively, negotiate with and influence with all levels ofManagement and Business Partners
- Ability tobuild partnership and influence change
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs