About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
We are looking for a Merchandise Assistant with strong attention to detail, positive can-do attitude, and a passion for product to support the Banana Republic International Franchise Merchandising Team. In this role, you will contribute to the success of the Division through the management of integral business and merchandising systems, seasonal samples, creation of selling tools, and working effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives.
What you'll do
- Ensure franchise merchandising and business systems are properly maintained, checked for accuracy, and changes made in a timely manner with appropriate followup: GA, PETE/Portal, Change Memo, Issue Logs
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Global Merchandising, Planning, Production, Brand Planning, Franchise Partners as necessary)
- Own seasonal sample management including: execution of samples for Market, ordering and tracking samples for site photography, maintaining development samples, and archiving/donating past season samples.
- Assist in creating seasonal selling tools for Market and seasonal buy events.
- Maintain and manage training material to onboard seasonal freelancers each season.
- Support Merchants on seasonal projects and competitive analysis as needed.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency; and follow through on any outstanding issues as needed.
Who you are
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills with a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Proficient skills in Excel and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs and demonstrates a strong ability to be financially responsible and understands financial implications of mistakes.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 1-2 years Retail/Wholesale experience preferred; merch operations/customer support a plus.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs