About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Leading the way in changing how we think and operate our business is no small task. In this role, you’ll be an integral member in the Global Supply Chain Separation Program Management Office (GSC PMO) whose charter is to plan and execute the separation of Gap Inc.’s large and complex supply chain as Gap Inc. splits into two separate competitively advantaged standalone public companies. You’ll be part of a full-time, dedicated team focused on providing organization, structure, and expertise to enable completion of a successful separation.
The GSC PMO team drives a rigorous process to ensure that the GSC leadership team and their staff have a clear understanding of upcoming Separation deliverables, support in completing those deliverables, and excellent documentation to manage through upcoming large-scale change. We also identify new streams of work required to execute the Separation as needed.
As this position supports the Gap Inc. separation work, it is designated as an HQ Temp - fully benefited, bonus and 401K eligible - with a roll off date once the separation project is complete. There is potential for conversion to a full-time position.
What you'll do
- Leverage project management skills to create project plans that support the Separation strategy
- Manage project plan deliverables including timelines and financial summaries
- Create project infrastructure that other team members can leverage including presentation templates, project plan templates, Gantt charts, meeting structures, agendas, etc.
- Publish project statuses on a regular basis based on needs of the project and audience
- Act as a thought partner to the GSC PMO leaders, functional PMO leads and functional stakeholders
- Build strong working relationships with key project team members and leaders
- Develop change documentation to enable employees, suppliers, and vendors understand Separation-related changes and execute smoothly
- Support development of contingency plans for key stakeholders to ensure a smooth Separation
Who you are
- Experience working on strategic initiatives that involves multiple functions, work streams, interdependencies and tight timelines
- Strong operational mindset; ability to create structure and clarity in the midst of ambiguity
- Experience developing and managing complex project plans
- Experience developing change management plans
- Strong communication, meeting management and facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationship and able to collaborate with all levels.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs