About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position will support the treasury team and report to the Senior Director. We are seeking a Sr. Manager with an understanding of and interest in cash management, banking, and operations. This individual will focus on creating, refining, and improving global cash management best practices. Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, cash management and banking operations as well as a heavy emphasis on senior project management for global treasury operations. In the first 18 months, project work will be focused on the on-going efforts related to implementation of a global treasury workstation. This role has a unique and broad view into the company’s global operations, providing extensive hands on experiences and the expectation for immediate impact. An ideal candidate will have a breadth of corporate treasury experience including cash management, cash forecasting, liquidity management, investment management, capital markets, and a strong aptitude for building automation and designing treasury system solutions. The ability to work cross-functionally and the desire for increased treasury exposure are also critical.
What you'll do
- Manage daily cash position, assisting in all aspects of cash management strategy in terms of banking relationships, required banking services and documentation, maintaining optimal bank account structure, bank fee management, and ensuring SOX controls and procedures are managed/maintained.
- Ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Manage the day to day cash operations and administrator oversight responsibilities for all corporate accounts. Approve and process wire transfer requests and other operational tasks as needed.
- Engage with stakeholders in Treasury, Tax, Legal, A/P, Payroll, Accounting, International Finance Teams, Internal Audit, and GapTech related to Treasury matters
- Lead continuous process improvements and opportunities for automation across banking related activities. Support best practices across Treasury systems and operations with a focus on utilizing our Treasury Management Workstation (Kyriba).
- Help prepare Board materials and reports to senior management
- Collaborate on ad hoc projects as needed.
- Leads monthly, quarterly and annual direct cash flow modeling/forecasting.
- Strives for improved accuracy and continuing process refinements.
Who you are
- Minimum of 10+ years work experience in finance or finance related field with a medium to large corporation or a commercial and/or investment banking firm.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting required. CTP, MBA or CFA a plus.
- Strong experience with a Treasury Management Workstation / Kyriba
- Understanding of and interest in financial markets; solid grasp of accounting concepts
- High level technical understanding of global cash management and banking products. Retail cash management experience, including electronic and cash consumer payments, a plus
- Proactive problem-solving skills including the ability to define possible solutions, foresee issues and provide proactive solutions to closure.
- Must be a team player and have clear and concise written, verbal and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate to both financial and non-financial management.
- Sets goals and objectives for areas of responsibility and determines priorities and available resources.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs