About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Parcel Operations Manager is responsible for Gap Inc. parcel- related operations in the U.S. and Canadian markets. They develop and drive cost, service, and process improvement initiatives to support needs of Gap Inc.’s supply chain including: Outbound (Consumer Direct, General), Retail Store Fulfillment, and Brand Strategies. Develop a strong internal and external network of third party parcel carriers. Manager will work closely with Corporate and DC Business Partners, Vendors, and Carriers both domestic and International, to ensure cost effective parcel needs. They will provide flawless delivery execution and impeccable customer service.
What you'll do
- Responsibility for planning and execution of parcel-related activities at North American DC’s and Stores
- Ensures accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting by carrier/service method to ensure adequate carrier capacity.
- Project Manage all Global Parcel initiatives and deliver strategic projects inclusive of Cross Channel and Seamless Inventory projects
- Develop parcel shipping solutions that support strategic initiatives that drive cost, service, and process improvement initiatives
- Create parcel shipping policies and procedures as necessary to drive initiatives in partnership with Brand and DC Operations teams
- Conduct shipment-level spend and transit analysis to identify cost effectiveness as necessary
- Build strong knowledge of various parcel service levels and has fundamental understanding of parcel pricing
- Develop strong relationships with internal business partners and external suppliers
- Understanding of current shipping processes, sourcing points, and distribution network
- Partners with parcel operations to support go-live execution of new shipping needs with parcel suppliers
- Basic understanding of customs trade compliance to support global parcel needs
- Assists with the development of the annual transportation budget
- Drive change and implement procedures for best practices
- Educate business partners on parcel transportation networks, policies, and carrier base
- Monitor industry trends and shipping best practices
- Ensure Gap Inc. policies are defined in accordance with federal transportation regulations
- Ensures timely and effective communication with suppliers, internal business partners, and carriers
Who you are
5 - 7 Years Transportation and Logistics Experience
3 - 5 Years Parcel Shipping Experience
3 - 5 years Project Management Experience
1 - 2 years Retail Industry Experience (preferred)
BA/BS Degree Preferred
Required to support/ work non-traditional hours – as the retail business dictates - to support 24x7 operations
Travel Requirement – up to 25%
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs