About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- Sets overall direction, creates seasonal Graphics POV in line with brand filters and oversees development of graphic designs across male including mens, boys, toddler boys and baby boy.
- Fully responsible for managing a team of graphic designers in all aspects of entire graphics process including print trend direction, market research, mood board creation, print artwork, color direction and high quality execution across all male divisions.
- Ensures consistency of family trends between differing businesses (e.g., adult/kid
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates direct reports & overall team.
- Responsible for managing and providing creative direction to graphic design team by
encouraging a culture of creativity, productive thinking and collaborating with the wider design team.
- In conjunction with management, responsible for visualizing and determining strategic
direction of business; accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as
business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
Consistently seeks out Global Innovation.
Who you are
- In-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes.
- Excellent leadership/management skills.
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with managerial issues (i.e. career development, performance management).
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- Minimum of ten years design experience including 4 years of managerial experience.
- Ability to use personal computer.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs