We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Assistant Site Merchandiser is responsible for driving and supporting the online business via strategy and execution.
The position reports into a Sr. Site Merchant.
You are product obsessed keeping abreast of trends and historical data. You also use a macro-lens and your digital expertise to help inform and help to drive business performance. Teamwork and collaboration are a real thing at Athleta. You are an active contributor to a team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
What you'll do
- Understand the big ideas and financial investments associated with them.
- Set-up and maintenance of the product assortment for website.
- Collaborate with merchant on strategy and maintenance of the web/category navigation.
- Support team by preparing and maintaining the seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed. This includes styles & style/colors and outfits.
- Contribute to category growth through diversity of messaging, online exclusives, channel extensions, and visual sorting and merchandising.
- Report on weekly and seasonal basis performance taking into account business trends, customer insights, and macro trends. Make recommendations on in season and next year changes.
- Communicate changes in merchandise assortments and message to the appropriate members of the cross-functional team on a timely basis.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Work with web production to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
Who you are
- You have your blackbelt in time management and organizational skills along with a gold medal being able to prioritize and possess a sense of urgency when appropriate.
- Customer first mindset.
- You possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re known to defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and management.
- You skillfully analyze a problem, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- You know the importance of high-quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
- You are open-minded and receptive of others' opinions.
- You’ve been known to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re computer and systems savvy; specifically with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of retail buying and or web merchandising experience.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs