About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for providing reconciliation support to the Gap Inc. payroll team. You will also perform daily, monthly and quarterly department controls to ensure payroll accounting activities are compliant with Gap Inc. accounting policies and standards. In addition, this position serves as backup to support other payroll accounting and control team activities.
What you'll do
- Prepare accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations with direction and guidance from supervisor; identify, analyze and resolve variances and discrepancies
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of payroll entries to the general ledger at month-end
- Responsible for compliance with accounting controls as directed by Gap Inc. accounting policies
- Perform Gap Inc. Employee Services internal business and SOX control testing
- Complete assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities in a timely manner, with limited supervision; ensure timely escalation of critical and/or outstanding items to supervisor
- Support the Gap Inc. payroll audit process, ensuring payroll is accurate before payments are initiated
- Adhere to Gap Inc. and department policies and procedures including maintaining confidentiality/data privacy and securing personally identifiable information (PII)
Who you are
- Understanding of basic to intermediate accounting concepts
- Understanding of month-end accounting close processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (strongly preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous payroll accounting experience (preferred)
- Experience with Oracle Financials a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs