We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
• Leads team of Sr. Tech Designers and Tech Designers on business direction and drives execution of design and fit intent.
• Maintains critical partnerships with cross functional teams (Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Technical Development, Vendor Partners, etc.)
• Manages team providing direction on day-to-day activities while driving the career development of direct reports.
• Drives cross-functional influence without direct authority.
• Ensure overall Customer fit consistency and provide fit approvals when necessary.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
• Provide divisional leadership of fit sessions, construction approval, and documentation to all business partners to meet guidelines.
• Manage within category the development of tools (patterns, blocks, etc.) to achieve optimal and consistent fit.
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Identify potential production, quality, and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
• Manage the development and maintenance of tech packs throughout the line creation process.
• Communicate cross-functional brand strategies to direct reports in NY and GIS Tech Design teams.
• Provides guidance and recommendations on vendor readiness and fit empowerment.
Who you are
• BA, AA or Certification in Patternmaking, Apparel Manufacturing, Design, or equivalent
• Highly skilled in garment construction and manufacturing processes (minimum of 8-10 years)
• Computer Skills- PLM, PDM, Adobe Illustrator, Optitex 3D Technology, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
• Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
• Team Leadership- has successfully led teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships) for a minimum of 2-3 years.
• Collaboration- proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
• Change Leadership- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making and achieve desired service levels.
• Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, and developing talent.
• Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
• Travel as required
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs