About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Assist with the management and proper accounting of inventory business initiatives that affect a broad area of departments across the organization as they relate to financial inventory. Actively participates in fiscal closes and departmental projects. Identifies and recommends on-going opportunities for improvement and changes across departments.
What you'll do
Thorough understanding of corporate inventory systems and their impact to the General Ledger.
Supports the fiscal closing process in accordance with GAAP
Prepares and analyzes financial entries for validity and provides appropriate journal entry support for corporate reporting.
Supports/Manages several accrual processes from an inventory perspective.
Provides ad hoc analysis.
Present conclusions and recommendations to various levels of management.
Prepares various Inventory Control reconciliations. Manages the monthly reconciliation process and acts as an Inventory Control contact for reconciling inventory balance sheet accounts.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 2-4 years previous experience in a Corporate Accounting or Finance environment
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting principles and demonstrated skill sets
- Must have intermediate to advanced Excel
- Thorough knowledge of financial and operational accounting systems, ability to work with and manipulate data bases in Access and Visual Basic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- General Ledger experience; Oracle experience; previous Inventory Control and Retail Industry experience a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs