Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Manager, Social Media will be responsible for developing, implementing, tracking, and optimizing the digital marketing campaigns for the US & Canada markets. The role is highly creative and innovative, requiring a strong customer centric approach, with accountability for driving key business objectives through the development of media and content strategies around owned, earned, and paid media.
• Provide ongoing key consumer, industry and brand insights and trends to inform digital marketing strategy
• Manage social agency to ensure campaigns are running smoothly
• Identify opportunities to drive multi- channel customer behavior
• Provide strategic support and partnership with Gap Online, Direct/CRM, PR and creative teams/agencies
• Support innovation and technology initiatives to drive traffic, acquisition, brand sentiment, consumer engagement and reach.
• Diagnose new ways to measure emerging platforms and omni-channel efforts
• Provides thorough and thoughtful reports, focusing on creative insights in alignment with the wider marketing team
• Oversees and approves seasonal content calendar for all channels
• Ideate and develop strategic digital partnerships with current emerging platforms that can drive business, support marketing content and create new business opportunities.
Who you are
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
• Proven working experience in digital marketing Demonstrable experience leading and managing big data, email, social media, and/or display advertising.
• 7-10 years marketing experience. Strong track record of establishing marketing programs that drive awareness, acquisition and loyalty.
• Proven experience in working effectively with cross functional partners
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.