About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This Way Ahead is Gap Inc.’s life skills program that helps low-income teens and young adults land first jobs at Gap Inc. stores and distribution centers. This Way Ahead currently operates in 53 cities across the U.S, Canada, the U.K., and Japan. More than 5,300 teens and young adults have already participated in This Way Ahead, and that’s just the beginning. By 2020, we expect that 10,000 program participants, putting us on a path towards hiring 5% of entry-level employees from This Way Ahead by 2025.
In this role, you’ll oversee key regions in North America, leading cross-functional, cross-brand teams to implement This Way Ahead. You’ll proactively refine program based on geographical nuances to achieve business and social impact goals. You’ll partner closely with your two peers, and store operations and HR teams to ensure integrity of program implementation across all brands/business functions and across different geographies.
The location of this role is flexible in the East or South regions of the U.S.
What you'll do
Manages all aspects of relationship with local nonprofit operating partners and proactively ensures partners are performing to expectations and social and business impact goals are being met
Partners with local city team (nonprofit + field leaders) to proactively adjust based on geographical nuances to achieve program goals without sacrificing youth outcomes
Builds relationships with local nonprofit(s), internal business partners (e.g. field leadership), and key external business partners (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Mayor’s Office, workforce investment boards, local employer groups and other external partners)
Manages grantmaking system and budget; serves as liaison to relevant tax, finance, and legal business partners
Contributes to program innovation by testing different program models, systems, and partnerships to enable scale
Supports other Foundation ad hoc projects as needed
Who you are
- 7-10 years of experience managing store operations at a multi-national retailer OR experience implementing programs/initiatives in nonprofit/public sector
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals and project milestones; comfortable working as a part of a remotely based team
- Manages ambiguity with confidence and composure
- Intellectually curious: appetite to actively learn and immediately apply learnings to make decisions and change behaviors
- Strong written communications, project management and planning skills
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated strategic agility
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs