About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is responsible for coordinating and executing the flow of all brands merchandise in and out of the campus. This includes inbound scheduling, inbound receiving, trailer coordination on the yard, outbound bill generation, outbound load dispatching, and record retention. This position has accountability for meeting productivity and accuracy standards as well as contributing to Divisional objectives. This position has the ability to affect store payroll hours through BOL Dating Accuracy, In-Store Success rates through on-time and accurate dispatching, and outbound line-haul spend by effectively managing trailer utilization.
What you'll do
- Align daily decision-making and individual performance goals with operating plan to achieve targeted results
- Coordinate multiple brands’ needs and leverage synergy between them to realize cost savings
- Research any trailer issues such as piece count discrepancies, inbound loads, incorrectly loaded trailers, and late dispatches to support leadership in identifying root-cause and future preventative measures
- Utilizes appropriate systems to perform analysis, problem solve, and eliminate problems
- Communicate accurate and timely information to business partners in clear, concise, and professional manner
- Produce and distribute daily yard report to internal and external business partners
- Provide updates to the Load Control Center on outbound load status and initiate tracking of any late loads
- Flag all inbound airfreight loads and notify DCs upon arrival to expedite processing
- Manage trailer movement to/from DC’s and in yard with yard management system
- Maintain and update campus dispatch guides with load information and notify DCs when loads need to be closed
- Generate bills of lading in WMS and send load information through EDI to 3PL providers
- Receive outbound drivers, provide bills of lading for trailer dispatch, gate out trailers from yard management system and file outbound paperwork
- Verify all trailers are loaded correctly to the right provider with the right product
Who you are
- Strong Attention to Detail and Follow-up
- Computer Skills with Microsoft Excel, and Word applications required / Access & PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and with high sense of urgency
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and cross-train to learn different skills with confidence
- Ability to make decisions independently, partner effectively with others, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems
- Previous professional experience in Distribution/Logistics preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Flexible to work non-traditional hours (shift, weekend, and holidays) to support 24x7 operations
- Flexible to adjust hours/schedule on short-notice (same day/weekend) to support unplanned issue resolution including scheduled overtime
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs