About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc. Reporting to the Director of Tools and Prototypes, this role will be responsible for leading development of Gap Inc next-generation data products and tools to drive evidenced-based decision making across all functions and roles in the enterprise. We are looking for someone with strong skills taking ambiguous problems and defining product opportunities.
What you'll do
- Responsible for assisting with the defining, development, testing and deployment of data products for the Data & Analytics team and other business functions
- Collaborate and partner with product managers, data engineers, and internal customers to understand user needs and translate those insights into areas of opportunities
- Utilize user experience methodologies to understand and identify user behaviors, challenges, needs, and desires.
Who you are
- 2-4 years of experience demonstrating analytical, research and problem solving skills, multi-channel retail environment preferred
- BA/BS degree required
- Proven excellence in developing interactive dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau, or similar technology
- Ability to write complex SQL statements
- Experience with R, Python or other data-centric programming language preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with both users and technical audiences
- Self-starter, a generalist who is willing to get into the weeds: defining, managing, and executing
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs