Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Director, Media is accountable for all media planning and buying partnerships strategies within Gap brand, with sole accountability for the media budget and management of agencies. The position requires a deep understanding of the customer, global markets and business goals, to ensure the media strategy is aligned at all times to our customer and brand vision, to drive results and return on investment.
This position will lead the process for all media marketing vehicles and is able to work in a highly matrixed organization and team to deliver an integrated approach to marketing, working collaboratively with the wider cross functional business leads.
• Provide thought-leadership in the development of seasonal marketing plans and bring elements of all marketing vehicles into one cohesive plan
• Collaborate with the marketing team that develops and implements customer-facing communication plans that span across Digital/Social
• Leads all Partnerships and Media buying which are in alignment with the Gap annual/seasonal goals
• Identify measurable objectives for the overall campaign and for each functional area
• Create methodologies for evaluating effectiveness; develop plans that are cost-efficient and deliver on the marketing objectives
• Strong ability to negotiate when managing agencies, and other external vendors
• Leader in the development of new media and partnership opportunities
• Manage Media team that executes against cross-media platforms.
• Manage the experiential & partnership marketing manager in identifying new opportunities of
Who you are
• Minimum of 7-10 years of in-house Marketing or Agency and Team Management experience required.
• Deep understanding of industry marketing, media, technologies; strong ability to apply analytics to assess real business value and logically develop an approach to global brand marketing.
• Partners with the customer insights team to inform the formation of media marketing strategies.
• Ability to combine media metrics and business data to analyze the relative efficiency of various digital channels.
• Background in client relations, engagement management, and interactive media.
• Bachelors degree required. MBA preferred.
• Proven management experience with small-to-midsize team.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.