Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
The Senior Managerof Merchandise & Inventory Planning is responsible for partnering with thecross functional team and leading a team of merchandise planners and inventoryplanners/analysts on the development, communication, and execution of thefinancial and product strategy including sales, margin and inventory fromdepartment to class. The Senior Manager ensures that hindsight, assortmentframework, financial strategies, OTB, all the way through to Allocation &Pricing are built and executed in a way that optimize the International market.The Senior Manager is responsible for the divisional business end-to-end, fromPre-season strategies all the way through to In-season OTB management, allocation, and pricing.
- Develops the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department; Manage the reconciliation of department plans and bottoms-up sku level investments
- Collaborate with the buying, field, marketing, and Company Planning team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments, inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, key attribute, and season code (time on offer).
- Responsible for delivering a flexible and responsive approach to inventory management inclusive of Test and Respond, Rapid Response and Open to buy.
- Drive profitability through leading and executing promotional and markdown strategies which align with divisional and brand financial goals
- Validate and present department financial forecast and strategies in OTB process.
- Responsible for Service Levels and Allocation/Replenishment Strategy to ensure customer demand is being met across the fleet down to the size level.
- Coach and train planners to identify keylearnings and develop future strategies; Lead team priorities and initiatives,organize tasks, monitor workflow, and remove roadblocks to support team inmeeting deadlines
Who you are
Minimum 7+ inventory management experience
5+ years people management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
Ability to travel
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs