We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Inventory Strategy team is responsible for supporting cross-functional teams with reports, tools, analytics and occasional IT support. As a member of the ATHLETA Inventory Strategy team, the Planner will focus on building, enhancing, and maintaining Inventory Planning tools and reporting, and collaborate on technical improvements. The ideal candidate for this role possesses proven problem solving skills in sometimes ambiguous environments, has extensive Excel knowledge and experience in technical programs, and is comfortable working within a cross-functional atmosphere. This person reports to the Director of Inventory Strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
What you'll do
- Support the Inventory Planning team through building defined tools and processes required to execute to our brand goals, as well as support the teams through implementation
- Execute against assigned individual projects (or components of larger initiatives); specifically issue identification, data analysis, process/tool definition and creation, and change management
- Build relationships across ATHLETA IP, Inc IT, and cross-brand Inventory Strategy teams to deliver timely and appropriate solutions
- In partnership with Inc IT and third-party vendors, build the tools necessary to address a variety of opportunities
- Assist with and/or independently deliver formal trainings for cross-functional partners
- Attend Inventory Management-related business meetings
- Link tactical details to strategic vision in order to drive financial results
Who you are
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience demonstrating problem solving, analytical, and technical capabilities
- Proven ability to work on numerous projects at one time
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, including experience with advanced formulas, macros, vba code, and specialized formatting
- Experience building excel-based reporting or tools from inception to completion
- Proficiency with all areas of project management preferred - e.g. identify/communicate opportunity, define requirements/scope, implementation, and support
- Specific examples of technical troubleshooting required
- Understanding of statistical/testing theory preferred
- Retail or Inventory Management experience preferred
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- Experience with databases and/or coding languages a plus
BA/BS in supply chain, business, economics, statistics, mathematics or engineering preferred
MA/MS in above disciplines a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs