About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc. is looking to add a Corporate Paralegal to join its dynamic and team-oriented legal team. Come join us!
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to play a key role in corporate governance, subsidiary maintenance, ’33 and ’34 Act reporting, and strategic transactions work. You are extremely organized, tech savvy and proactive, with a desire to learn and grow. You are customer-focused, collaborate well with team members and cross-functional business partners, and have experience working directly with outside counsel.
You will be based out of Gap Inc.’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Senior Counsel on the Corporate and Finance Law team.
What you'll do
Work alongside the team to effectively support Gap Inc. with its multinational subsidiary corporate governance, including support records and database management, filing domestic annual reports with secretary of states, and any other corporate governance needs related to subsidiary governance.
Support Gap Inc.’s subsidiary entity structure, including legal entity formation, dissolution and transactional work for dozens of subsidiaries.
Prepare and file, or provide support for, NYSE and SEC filings (including Section 16 reporting, proxy statements, registration statements, Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, and SD).
Manage corporate subsidiaries and compliance processes.
Support M&A and other strategic transactions, including providing support and project management for due diligence and preparing and organizing deal documents.
Assist where needed in other aspects of the legal team.
Who you are
- 5+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, ideally at both a top-tier law firm and in-house at a public company.
- Experience supporting SEC public company reporting and owning legal entity management. International legal entity management experience a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication. Strong attention to detail and proactive. Team player who manages well under pressure.
- A growth mindset, with a desire to learn and find better ways to accomplish your work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and teams, providing excellent support when needed.
- Adept at technology, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. You know when to use a pivot table or a vlookup, and know how to use Teams, Sharepoint and OneDrive to collaborate efficiently. Experience with Wdesk, entity management databases and the EDGAR filing portal is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Commissioned Notary Public is a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs