About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments, but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented people who thrive on change, isn’t afraid to take risks, is passionate, curious and team-oriented, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Gap Inc. Product Management Team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Payments Product Management team at the company’s San Francisco Headquarters to drive product vision, strategy for online retail payments in an omni-channel world.
We are looking for a proven product leader with a track record of product innovation and experience developing payment solutions in an ecommerce and/or retail environment. The Product Manager in this role will work with diverse stakeholders to lead complex payment projects and solutions that continuously improve the shopping experiences for our external customers while also providing enhanced capabilities for internal business partners.
What you'll do
- Blend strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution
- Identify and evaluate emerging payment technologies and develop business cases for future projects.
- Prioritize and own a clear and objective road-map and agile backlog while balancing delivery requirements with technical trade-offs
- Drive complex new Payment features and capabilities and highlight progress through regular updates and product reviews
- Partner with technology, domain architects, or business stakeholders to set and track business goals for strategic initiatives.
- Proactively identify and resolve the inevitable challenges and ambiguity that arises during project execution.
- Support change management efforts for product solutions and convey key messages to customers and stakeholders
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 5 to 7 years related experience in technical product management related roles and activities, must have owned the creation or modification of key technology capabilities.
- Domain expertise in payments , retail and/or ecommerce is preferred
- Data driven mindset and track record.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently with “make it happen” attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and comfortable presenting to and influencing executive-level management
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs