About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
From cotton to customer our organization is comprised of thousands of employees, who source, produce and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconic American style around the world. We retail in over 50 countries and multiple channels. We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. We have to deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product, consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
This role on Gap Inc's Enterprise Product Management team to ensure world class Finance applications, operations and services to support our business, customers and partners worldwide. This role will be a hands-on leader who thrives in defining and building solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong product management competencies with thought leadership abilities to innovate, and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise. Key qualifications include:
What you'll do
Ability to lead product management and deliver business capabilities through technology enablement.
Defines a vision and roadmap for Finance systems
Lead a global Finance system implementation
Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence
Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end to end across the value chain.
As a key member of the product management team, own and drive opportunity assessments, definition development, monitoring and implementation of product roadmaps end to end.
Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions to clearly articulate and drive customer Journeys, experience and value addition.
Results oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
Lead cross functional projects to support process optimization end to end. This includes driving the project management, thought leadership, solution innovation and change management identifying process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Who you are
- 10 plus years of experience in strategy, finance management / consulting, retail/consumer products or similar roles
- Experience managing major cloud based finance products with general familiarity with the future direction of these platforms and functionality likely in future releases
- Solid understanding of Finance, and IT business processes
- Cloud ERP implementation experience is big plus
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Excellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication.
- Ability to drive and execute process analysis
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Experience working on enabling business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Decision Science or related analytic field.
- MBA or Masters preferred in related field.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs