About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Job Lead the overall direction of fit protocol and standards for the Old Navy brand. Oversee the brand technical design team, which plays an integral part in the planning processes for the department and the brand. Utilize extensive technical design expertise to develop and implement Technical Services strategies spanning operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness. Serve as the gatekeeper of fit, consistency, and product quality. Responsible for delivering on trend and high-quality products and implement new and innovative best practices and technology. Interface with brand Design, Production, and Merchandising teams to solve complex technical problems and serve as the leader of all technical design processes. Travel to S&VD offices and factories to work with technical teams to troubleshoot, educate, and understand factory capabilities. [20% International travel Required].
Who you are
Education: Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Technical & Apparel Manufacturing, Fashion Design or related field and (10) ten years of experience in the job offered, or related global retail occupations. Employer will accept one year of related professional experience for each year missing towards the required four-year bachelor’s degree.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. Developing and implementing innovative end to end product processes and procedures working within an international retail environment
2. Experience with apparel and non-apparel manufacturing
3. Experience with writing fit and quality standards
4. Knowledge of product development and fit within retail and manufacturing
5. Experience in writing quality compliance and fit standards
6. International travel and experience working with multiple product categories and vendors up to 20%.
7. Experience of technical design, quality assurance practices and management, product engineering, product safety and compliance for retail
8. Executing and implementing apparel fit and sizing strategies
9. Experience leading a team to execute on an aligned total brand business strategy
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.