About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The BI and Analytics ProductManagement group designs, creates, and implements platforms to drive analyticalexcellence and consistency across Gap Inc. The vision for this group is to make data, business analytics andreporting a strategic differentiator. The team works with business partnersfrom around the organization to make data and analysis a core competency of alllevels and functions. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitiveadvantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customerexperience.
The role of Product Manager Directorwill work on building a foundation by setting the vision, driving the strategyand implementation of an enterprise data platform comprised of ingestion,distillation and consumption that will service both companies and all brands.
What you'll do
- Developstrategic vision and roadmap for Gap’s Data Platform for all brands and bothcompanies
- Leadweekly status update meetings and Monthly steering committee meetings
- Partnerwith internal business units, other product managers, and brand partners todevelop specific use cases to bring the power of the data platform to life
- Drivedevelopment of the platform and features by leading cross functional teamsincluding business analysts, technical architects, analytics experts, andengineers
- Maintainroadmap and backlog of future features that are aligned to departmental andcorporate strategies
- Identifiesnew opportunities and develops business case/ROI for projects, including:
- Gathering input from a variety ofinternal and external sources
- Justifying development initiatives andexpenditures
- Analyzing competitors and markettrends
- Develop and manages product plans andkey stake holder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industrytrends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
Who you are
- BA/BS required; 5 to 8 years of experience
- Successfully built and implemented a large scale, complex data platform
Experience with technologies such as identity resolution, service-oriented architectures, data quality/data governance, data science and analytical technologies
- Experience with complex technical landscape including cloud technologies
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer’s need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Marketplace experience: experience in an online and retail environment (direct to consumer) preferably apparel, or other customer focused technology products
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data
Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to peers and Sr. Leaders to validate assumptions, set approaches, and communicate priorities.
Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution
- Team management: Experience leading, managing and developing multiple direct reports.
- Experience with the Agile development process preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to rapidly learn and apply new software and technical concepts
BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs