About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Commercial Planning team is responsible for driving traffic and profitable sales for the Old Navy business. This role will work will cross-functional partners across the company, including Finance, Inventory Management, Marketing, & Merchandising to support these efforts. The Assistant position will support the Commercial Planning team and be responsible for day-to-day management of our seasonal promotional value marketing calendars for stores & online along with in-week recaps to inform all business partners on decisions/updates to the calendar. Meeting management & scheduling will also be a key responsibility for this role
Seasonal Calendars & Event Documentation
What you'll do
Manages all excel-based seasonal promotional marketing calendars, ensuring content is up-to-date and accurate so that teams can properly execute (dates, value messaging, exclusions, divisional participation, pricing execution)
Owns all event details, succinctly recapping weekly changes and serves as the point person for event history (housed in SmartSheet)
Tracks required business decision call dates in SmartSheet to inform cross-functional teams on when decisions need to be made to affect marketing assets
Owns in-season pricepoint check-ins/marketing message validation
Escalates issues or inefficiencies to Sr. Manager along with proposed solutions
Owns maintenance of large-scale handwritten conference room calendar
Partners with HQ Scheduler to track all meetings that have been scheduled along with sharing any updates to attendees; helps address conflicts & communicate priorities
Pro-actively manages seasonal timelines & schedules all internal Commercial Planning working session meetings to ensure team is prepared for Leadership meetings
Prints all needed documents to ensure a successful meeting (including updated calendars, agendas, boards (prior year window/homepage, product looks, long-term weather forecasts), with on-time set-up & room maintenance
Supports ad hoc projects as needed
Who you are
- 1-3 years Marketing experience either in-house or agency experience – retail experience a plus
- BA/BS degree; preferred major in Business or Marketing
- Exceptional attention to detail with apparent pride in presentation of work
- Ability to work independently and proactively takes initiative
- High-energy level and ability to work in fast-paced environment; comfortable with ambiguity
- Curious, inquisitive & eager to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Smartsheet
- Position is based at Old Navy headquarters in San Francisco, CA (Mission Bay)
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs