About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The ConsumerInsights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our pathforward. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creativethinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop customer-focusedstrategic direction for our company. The Insights team reports to the Headof Data and Analytics and into the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy,and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional LeadershipTeams.
As a Manager,you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programsand projects that support our portfolio of brands (Old Navy, Gap, BananaRepublic, Athleta, Hill City and Intermix). You will help to influence the business regularly through primary andsecondary consumer research including research via our proprietary customerpanel, Net Promoter tracking program, as well as ad hoc research projects. Youwill also work closely and manage the relationship with our Loyalty andPayments team, ensuring their business decisions are informed by customerinsights. You will also support other ad hoc CI within our central UX teams. Thoughcreating these strong partnerships, you will help to deliver morecustomer-centric decision making in the business.
What you'll do
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Develop surveys, support material development for qualitative research, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations.
- Analyze existing primary and secondary research to uncover fact-based insights.
- Synthesize disparate information, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations that drive experiments, strategies and tactics.
- Oversee vendor relationships and project budgets.
- Analyze and share out insights from our Customer Promoter Program tracking tool.
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Proactively listen to partners to find new ways to drive business value.
- Lean in on other ad hoc research such as design thinking workshops and rapid experimentation with our innovation partners.
- Lean in on UX research needs (via surveys, user testing, etc.)
Who you are
- 4+ years professional experience in Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, Strategy/Strategic Management consulting, and/or Analysis.
- Experience conducting a wide range of research methodologies including quantitative research and analyses (survey design, programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative research (IDIs, Focus Groups, shop-a-longs, intercepts).
- Proficient in programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics); Panel management experience a plus.
- UX research, design thinking and experimentation a plus
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills (ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story).
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player.
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver.
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs