About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an Old Navy Associate Designer, Graphics Artwork, you will dive right in, supporting the Graphics team in the creation of season-after-season of fun, optimistic and original art. You will not be part of one specific division, however will support the whole team with dynamic and innovative graphic artwork. Your talent will be utilized and leveraged across all divisions and you will occasionally be working on special projects. Inspiring research, solid art creation, meticulous production work, building presentations, collaborations and generally being ready for anything are the FUNdamental pillars of this role.
What you'll do
- Assist in creating world-class on-trend apparel graphics andbranding that support Old Navy seasonal family messages and align withdivisional design concepts
- Understand seasonal graphic trends and provide analysis throughonline / in-store research, as well as gather relevant inspiration outside ofapparel that speaks to over-arching aesthetic trends.
- Contribute to creation of seasonal concepts with team
- Support Art Director’s efforts towards Creative Kickoff andthe production of related materials. Align to brand and divisional positioningwithin the established aesthetic for the season
- Assist in building presentation boards and materials.
- Drive opportunities for newness and innovation; exhibitingunderstanding of graphic layout, technique, color and detail.
- Provide all relevant development information and documentationto Art Director at legal review time
- Partner with Director & Senior staff to ensure that allgraphic and production reviews are well documented and clear action items areelevated and addressed
- Prepare and maintain graphic artwork production files asneeded against seasonal milestones and pipeline production considerations.
- Archive samples, digital files, etc.
- 90% concept & design / 10% production & tactical
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years apparel graphic experience and concept design experience
- Knowledge of graphics production (e.g., printing methods, apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Strong computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Strong hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing)
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong sense of image and type
- Extremely versatile hands
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs