About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Analyst role is responsible for identifying business opportunities based on support issue trends and to that end creates standardized, automated reports as well as provides quantitative research, modeling, and analysis. Our team is chartered with unlocking the power of data and analytics to drive productivity, cost savings, and a delightful customer experience.
What you'll do
- Partner closely with Employee enablement teams and other teams across the organization to identify impactful business problems and translate them into structured analyses, actionable insights, and reports and dashboards.
- Manage multiple data sources, identify gaps in the data capture process and make suggestions on improvements/enhancements for data hygiene.
- Perform exploratory and predictive analytics, analyzing issue patterns to inform and impact business decisions.
- Frame the right questions, write queries and perform ad-hoc analysis to support immediate business data needs supplemented with clear recommendations and next steps.
- Create both standardized, automated reports as well as more in-depth analyses on issues.
Who you are
- 3-5 years ofexperience in data analytics role, preferably in an customer supportenvironment. Degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, or BusinessAdministration preferred
- Experience in SQL,PL/SQL or other programming languages and experience with business intelligenceand reporting software such as Power BI
- Experience with datavisualization; creation of metrics reports and dashboard views
- Detail-oriented withability to balance detail and holistic, strategic perspective of business
- Ability to communicatecomplex concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences from staff tosenior executive level
- Must work well withmulti-functional work teams and demonstrate ability to take initiative
- Strong project management,time management, organizational and consultative skills, with ability to thrivein small team environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs