About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director, Performance Marketing has a critical role as she/he partners with Gap brand in developing the strategy and execution of their performance digital marketing programs. This is a high visibility role that requires an individual who is as comfortable presenting a strategy to senior leaders as she/he is developing forecasts and creating marketing hindsights.
What you'll do
Partners with Gap Online and Gap Brand marketing partners, and the Gap Inc. centralized Customer and Strategy team (CST) on developing the strategy and execution of the performance marketing (SEM, Social, Affiliate, and Display) channels.
Optimizes traffic, conversion, and ROAS for Gap based on brand, customer, and product growth strategies.
Hindsights performance on a monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement.
Defines audience strategy for performance marketing, in concert with brand marketing and direct marketing channels.
Accountable for leveraging regular reporting/tools to communicate performance to Gap and share with peers at the other Gap Inc brands.
Develop and execute day in and day out test and learn plan to continuously improve
optimize media investments.
Partners with data science teams (CD&A) to understand current media mix modeling and opportunities to leverage data to inform decisions to drive the Gap businesses.
Responsible for budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities and remain within forecast.
- Partner closely with peers within various groups across CST including but not limited to the Performance and Direct marketing teams and across Gap Inc to both share and hear learnings that may be valuable to the Gap media and direct marketing strategies.
- Develop and grow the relationships with key Gap business partners including key members of the Company Planning and Marketing teams.
- Stay current on evolving media trends, technology, and opportunities and proactively present those as testing opportunities to the brand.
Have a global lens to ensure all aspects of the overall brand strategy and site experience are optimized for performance marketing best practices.
Lead one direct report.
Who you are
Seasoned consumer marketer with 10+ years of relevant professional experience; retail experience preferred.
Proven experience managing large scale marketing budgets with effective returns and traffic growth.
Strong quantitative skills, MBA or relevant Master’s preferred.
Deep experience leading matrixed teams as direct manager or project manager.
A team player comfortable with ambiguity.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge and use of Adobe Analytics / Omniture. Knowledge of tools across digital marketing channels (e.g. Adwords, MediaMath, Salesforce Marketing).
This role is located in New York City
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs