Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
As the KeyholderSpecialist, you are responsible to support the management team to performfunctional tasks as assigned; guiding work while supporting a positive storeenvironment. Keyholder Specialists will act as a mentor and role model to otherassociates to support service behaviors and the execution of tasks in specificareas of expertise. You contribute to a high performing team and consistently delivera best-in-class customer experience. This role will be focused on connectingwith employees and customers to ultimately assist in achieving storeperformance goals; including meeting the sales budget, building market share,as well as other Company-wide defined goals. As an important part of the BrandAssociate team, you will reinforce performance expectations by role modelingbehaviors and communicating how to achieve the Brand Vision and achieve orexceed the goals / strategies of the store.
What you'll do
- Supports the store management to ensure work tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Executes initiatives designed to drive customer satisfaction and business efficiencies
- Provides support in execution of marketing and visual presentation to promote sales
- Reads communications and interacts with store management to be knowledgeable of all current initiatives, priorities and business metrics
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador to achieve priorities in store, with customer as the primary focus
- Mentor and train individuals; provides on the job training to associates sharing a higher level of knowledge of product and processes
- Takes action based upon direction from Leader on Duty and collaborates effectively with employees
- Build expertise in assigned specialized functional area
- Guide work activities during the day, inclusive of before and after normal store operating hours when a manager may not be present
- Support Leader on Duty activities during non-peak hours, by exception
- May support completion of work processes before or after the store closes
- May open or close the store
Who you are
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-2 years of retail experience preferred with a minimum of 6 months Gap Inc. experience
- Key holder experience preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
This job profile intends to describe the general nature and level of work. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs