About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
At Janie and Jack, we know our Store Managers are a big part of our success. We look for talented leaders who are passionate about delivering an unrivaled customer-centric experience for their customers. You build outstanding teams to meet/exceed business goals. You are a champion of the business and lead confidently to drive exceptional results.
What you'll do
- Motivate the team to achieve/exceed goals including conversion, comp sales, payroll, key performance indicators and other business goals
- Build a high performing team and promote an environment which inspires people to do their best
- Accountable for team performance through coaching and feedback.
- Train, educate and role model brand selling behaviors
- Utilize tools and resources to drive results and enhance the customer experience
- Share feedback, generate ideas and insights to improve the business
- Implement action plans to maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Ensures all compliance standards are met
Who you are
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- Demonstrated ability in guiding team to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and manage competing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Proven ability to identify top talent, build a team, and train/developetain people
- 3-4 years retail experience leading others; experience working with children (preferred)
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Availability to work when needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and office; lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to travel as required
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs