About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Director of Commercial Planning is a results-driven growth marketing champion and responsible for leading the development of comprehensive promotional calendar and seasonal commercial plans that drive awareness, visits into our stores and web sites, and profitable sales from both new and existing customers.
Specifically, this role will lead the cross-functional efforts in building seasonal promotional plans as well as oversee in-season commercial plan changes on an ongoing basis in response to business and inventory changes. In addition, this position is responsible for driving increased understanding of marketing effectiveness and driving innovation and newness within the promotions plan. Finally, the director leads the development of a further understanding and use of customer data to improve the impact of our customer experience touch points.
What you'll do
- Lead the development of North American promotion strategy grounded in seasonal hindsight insights and learnings, consumer insights, consumer behavior, and sales performance.
- Own the promotional calendar timeline and process with cross-functional teams. Represent marketing in key milestone meetings: Strategic Alignment Meeting (SAM), Divisional Reviews, Investment Review, Plan Sign Off.
- Partner with retail/stores and ecommerce teams to facilitate omni-channel plan development and alignment and with the Brand Communications team to ensure integration of product stories into the promotion plan and creative deliverables.
- Lead Customer Experience team in addressing weekly, urgent or in-season adjustments to the plan.
- Analyze effectiveness of promotional efforts, including measurement of promotions in terms of productivity, margin protection, new customer acquisition, inventory positions and sales velocity.
- Incorporate marketing estimates into monthly planning forecasts.
- Working closely with the promotions manager, lead creative briefing and approvals for plan/brand promotional activity.
- Working closely with the VP of Brand & Strategy, develop and manage North America brand engagement and promotions budget.
Who you are
- 10+ years brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency.
- Strong promotional/traffic-driving ideation/concepting skills.
- Ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages.
- Experience with creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams.
- Omni-channel brand marketing experience with a strong understanding of retail, catalog, and digital marketing channels.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills. High comfort level with and ability to powerfully present / garner buy in from senior leadership team.
- Ability to influence across teams and levels within the organization. Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment, flexible and agile working style to respond to constant changes in business conditions and inventory levels.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs