About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Director of Commercial Planning is a results-driven growth marketing champion and responsible for leading the development of comprehensive promotional calendar and seasonal commercial plans that drive awareness, visits into our stores and web sites, and profitable sales from both new and existing customers.
Specifically, this role will lead the cross-functional efforts in building seasonal promotional plans as well as oversee in-season commercial plan changes on an ongoing basis in response to business and inventory changes. In addition, this position is responsible for driving increased understanding of marketing effectiveness and driving innovation and newness within the promotions plan. Finally, the director leads the development of a further understanding and use of customer data to improve the impact of our customer experience touch points.
What you'll do
- Lead the development of North American promotion strategy grounded in seasonal hindsight insights and learnings, consumer insights, consumer behavior, and sales performance.
- Own the promotional calendar timeline and process with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with retail/stores and ecommerce teams to facilitate omni-channel plan development and alignment and with the Brand Communications team to ensure integration of product stories into the promotion plan and creative deliverables.
- Lead Customer Experience team in addressing weekly, urgent or in-season adjustments to the plan.
- Analyze effectiveness of promotional efforts, including measurement of promotions in terms of productivity, margin protection, new customer acquisition, inventory positions and sales velocity.
- Incorporate marketing estimates into monthly planning forecasts.
- Working closely with the promotions manager, lead creative briefing and approvals for plan/brand promotional activity.
- Working closely with the VP of Brand & Strategy, develop and manage North America brand engagement and promotions budget.
Who you are
- 10+ years omni-channel brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency.
- Experience with creative development and effectively working with creative teams.
- Strong leadership and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams.
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to respond to constant changes in business conditions and inventory levels.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs