We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Assistant Manager is a brand consumer and brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores. The role supports the Associate Manager & General Manager in driving an innovative, amazing customer experience, in an effort to operate sales profitably. The Athleta Assistant Manager serves as an important field representative on the brand’s cross-functional team, partnering with the Associate Manager and GM to execute on merchandise product lines, brand marketing messages, and key assortment plans, while helping to develop and execute a brand-right customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets Athleta apart from the competition. The Assistant Manager is responsible for executing the day-to-day plans and strategies to provide an amazing in-store experience.
This role assesses customer experience feedback and ensures the development of action plans for improvement, to address concerns, and maintain a consistently compelling, innovative experience that delights our customer and consistently exceeds her expectations. The GM models and can clearly articulate the Athleta vision and strategy to store team in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.
What you'll do
Implements action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business
Partners with Store Manager and GM to drive store employee talent attraction and retention efforts to drive maximum employee engagement
Assists Associate Store Manager with hiring and recruiting of store employees
Assists Associate Store Manager with on-the-job training to new employees
Assesses the effectiveness of the team, and provides the appropriate level of coaching performance feedback
Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions
Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty
Fosters customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team
Serves as leader on duty
Creates and outstanding shopping experience bringing Athleta to life through this new expression of the brand (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & online store)
- Has a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
- Creates an inspiring shopping environment through effective merchandising capability, high in store standards and compelling visual presentation
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Works with visual merchandising team to effectively position merchandise and signage within the store
- Completes projects as assigned by Associate Store Manager and GM
- This role may require a focus on one or more specialties including but not limited to visual merchandising, human resources, community involvement, inventory management
Who you are
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs