Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Analyst is responsible for managing the buy and forecast for their category, channel, and market. The analyst is responsible for maintaining in stock positioning through accurate demand forecasting and for partnering with merchandising and production on successful integration into our buying process. The Analyst oversees a category within a division/department.
What you'll do
- Forecasting across owned product category.
- Maintaining service levels and in stock positioning across market.
- Responsible for partnering with production, planning and merchandising
- Manage the financial success of long life product by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Review buy plans/strategies and ensure plans meet financial targets.
Who you are
- Minimum 0 to 2 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent required, ideally in an analytical or math-related field
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs